Thursday, January 29, 2009

The morning after

Yesterday, all around the world, people were praying for our daughter who has arthritis. She wrote last night, "I'm going to continue praying about my knee before I go to bed, but regardless of the physical outcome, please let everyone who prayed for me know that this HAS changed something, and it means even more to me than a change in my body would. This week (and this day especially) have made me feel like I can finally see that I really am loved and provided for by God, which is so much better than just knowing that it must be true. Reading through the e-mails you've forwarded has made me feel like I'm completely surrounded by family, no matter how far away I live." She updated this morning, "My joints are the same, but I trust that God knows what he's doing..."

It’s the morning after the euphoria of God’s presence yesterday. Some of us are really looking forward to breakfast after a day of fasting. Hopefully, most of you will continue to pray for Kirsten, and we want you to know how much we appreciate each prayer. Something has shifted in our daughter and in us. We are asking God that physical healing and restoration is part of that change.

Solomon’s prayers were not for what God would do externally, but that his glory would be shown in the wisdom and understanding of God’s servant. What joy we have in seeking the “Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven” and the “daily bread” from a loving Father’s rich supply.

Read more:
*"That night God appeared to Solomon and said, 'What do you want? Ask, and I will give it to you!' …

"'O LORD God, please continue to keep your promise to David my father, for you have made me king over a people as numerous as the dust of the earth! Give me the wisdom and knowledge to lead them properly, for who could possibly govern this great people of yours?'

God said to Solomon, 'Because your greatest desire is to help your people, and you did not ask for wealth, riches, fame, or even the death of your enemies or a long life, but rather you asked for wisdom and knowledge to properly govern my people—I will certainly give you the wisdom and knowledge you requested. But I will also give you wealth, riches, and fame such as no other king has had before you or will ever have in the future!'" 2 Chronicles 1:7, 9–12 NLT

*Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever. Cry out, "Save us, O God our Savior; gather us and deliver us from the nations, that we may give thanks to Your holy name, that we may glory in Your praise." Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Then all of the people said, "Amen" and "Praise the Lord." 1 Chronicles 16:34-36 NIV

*"Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction." Mark 5:34 NIV

*I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles…

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Philippians 4:10-14, 19-20 NIV

2 comments:

  1. Dear Rosemarie,
    What a beautiful reflection on the day of prayer and fasting for your girl. I was able to fast two meals...and for the mentoring lunch I had scheduled previously, my mentee and I took time to pray especially for Kirsten. I too, believe that God is at work in ways we can't even imagine. Hugs and blessings, ~Jodi

    ReplyDelete