Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lent 21: Building up

I didn’t get around to writing yesterday. I spent about ten hours sorting paper, filing, and clearing stuff away. We defrosted and cleaned the garage freezer. A Freecycler came by for a hammock we’d never used. Another took a cardboard tri-fold and a bulletin board. The house is definitely in transition for the better. “Mother,” said my dad on the phone to Mom who is visiting family in Edmonton, “she’s changed the house again.”

For the last few months, our house has been in process of flux. Sometimes we have to take things apart to put them back together. It’s a lot of work, but very energizing to be able to restore, renew, and refresh our living spaces.

Meanwhile I’m working and studying, discovering more about God and his work in the world. It’s reassuring to learn how God is clearing, cleaning, and building up each of us. He does not give up when we collect bitterness, failures, or unforgiveness. He keeps working and taking away what separates us from him and each other. And then he renews us from the inside out.
__
God's peace to you today!

*"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17 NIV

*All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. John 6:37 NLT

*And now I commend you to God and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified. Acts 20:23 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment