Saturday, August 29, 2009

Words of life

Writing keeps writers alive. During pressured seasons, when event planning, studies, and personal obligations collide, words help me survive. I hear my internal voice composing sentences and paragraphs constantly, the words spilling and editing from incoherent thought to potential pages. It's not like I have time to write most of it down. In fact, once focused and designed, many of the articles and lists disappear, peacefully fading unwritten into "already discussed" archives of my mind.

Some of the best word combinations provide writers with great personal pleasure, easing the stress of jumbled ideas and creativity that have no other outlet. Articulating what is wrong with the arrangement of spaces, how tasks could better be accomplished, or how processes could be streamlined may not make a different externally. But working out potential improvements and exploring possibilities brings great satisfaction, even when circumstances cannot be changed.

Once in a while, words catch fire as catalysts that move the world. Occasionally an influencer catches a written idea and transform the thinking of others. Sometimes the writer will not see the fruit of his or her words, because it is so far ahead of the thinking of the time that it takes a generation or two to grasp the possibilities.

When we write, we are not always thinking of outcomes. Desperation as the alphabet piles up in great word heaps and scrambling phrases causes us to unload them on any listener, even if the only listener is our internal conversation with self. Spilling words onto paper, into speeches, and bouncing them around in our heads, we release tension, create potential, and dream the future into being. Thank God for words.

Read more:
*The LORD’s words are absolutely reliable. They are as untainted as silver purified in a furnace on the ground, where it is thoroughly refined. Psa. 12:6 NET

*Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psa. 19:14 KJV

*Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth. Psa. 54:2 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment