Sunday, September 20, 2009

Three gifts

Another successful event, this one not mine. 600 women of the area converged on Ocean Shores for a conference. I'm exhausted by being around so many people, but met many alumni and prospective students at our university table. Fellow alum Collen Idso did a great job connecting with college friends and collecting updates. We packed up and arrived home before 9pm, in time to unpack and settle into bed to think.

The theme of the conference was "Living with Intention." Each session had three speakers (the same three for all sessions), who spoke for 20 minutes from their POV on a single topic. Between, listeners at round tables answered focused questions about how authentically we are living and what our journey has taught us about God.

I brought home three gifts:
- a renewed sense of what is and isn't a good fit among my commitments
- memories of time with my sweet daughter-in-law Melissa.
- a word of encouragement to rest in Christ and his provision of time and energy, given by an alum who has prayed for me for years

How thankful I am for a morning given by God to reflect on what we heard and saw. A few hours to pray for our institution, alumni, and friends before the pace picks up at a working bbq this afternoon. I think about God's generosity as I unwrap my three presents.

Read more:

*Who gives intuition to the heart and instinct to the mind? Job 38:36 NLT

*For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9 NLT

*And [Jesus] said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22:37-39

No comments:

Post a Comment