Wednesday, January 5, 2011

High trust

"Rosemarie... Trust me.-------I have everything under control. ------Jesus"

A decade ago, Margaret gave me those words on the 4X7" sheet of laminated paper that I keep propped up on my office window sill. It hung on the mirror of the piano studio to keep me sane during another rendition of "Twinkle Little Star." It sat in my alumni office as I served and prayed for alums, and then came home to roost beside stacks of dissertation research.

I'm reminded that 2011 is an artificial designation, honored by the eternal God who works inside time. Our "New Year" is just another day on God's calendar. Scripture tells us, "His mercies are new every morning."

That means that even a week into the year, God's care is sustaining us. We can rely on him today, whatever our circumstances. Whatever our challenges. Whatever the "new" looks like on our resolution calendar.

It seems easier for nature to cooperate with God. Animals take a leap of faith daily, trusting him for each meal. The trees grow toward the sun, the rain falls, the water laps the shore in ceaseless rhythm.
 
Oh, that we could have the same confidence in the One who promised never to leave us or forsake us!

Read more:
*O God, You are my God. Early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory.  

Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. Psalm 63:1-4 NKJV

*And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20 NEV

1 comment:

  1. What a cute post!
    I liked your idea and HAVING TRUST upon anyone...hmm... For me this formula has failed so I trust myself and never cares what anyone thinks of me. Trust yourself more than anyone
    Thesis Papers

    ReplyDelete