Monday, February 14, 2011

Filing, on love day

On a rainy Valentine's Day, I've been wondering over the differences in couples. My goal today is to create order in my computer files, so I can work efficiently on my studies. Somehow there are many duplicates, "almost-done"s, and "Oh, no, not downloaded again!"s, that have snuck onto my laptop. I'm nearly overwhelmed by the amount of data collected, and despair of sorting it out.

My husband, who excels as a messie in physical space, is a fanatic at organizing information. His computer files are pristine, and he can access whatever he needs quickly and effectively. He's also great at work deadlines, getting student assignments graded within a day or two and putting administrative stuff on the right desk before time runs out.

Meanwhile, I love order and beauty in physical spaces. Decorating is a relaxation and pleasure, especially when helping friends who need a redo or upgrade of their places. We've often used old furnishings, art, and accessories to totally revamp rooms into new, pleasing, and functional areas.

I guess I have to think of computer spaces as possibilities rather than obstacles. Here goes... something. If my brain filing system resembled my husband's, I'd beg him for help. (Sadly, I never find anything he sorts for me...)

Meanwhile, I'll be considering where God is at work, reordering my interior life, while I'm categorizing and filing ideas and computer notes.

Read more:
*For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life." Job 33:4 NLT

*Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1 John 4:7-11 NIV

1 comment:

  1. bonito casal! a organização faz sobrar tempo pra nos divertimos, ao inves de ficarmos procurando objetos perdidos. visite meu blog
    http://surpresasdomar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete