Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Kirsten's surgery

Praying the Moravian Daily Texts over our day, as Kirsten faces surgery at Harborview at 2.

Psalm 139:17-24 Amos 5; Revelation 9:1-11.

Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted.

Psalm 25:16

The Lord stood by me and gave me strength, so that through me the

message might be fully proclaimed. 2 Timothy 4:17

Lord, when we are in the depths of fear, pain, and despair, come to us,

we pray. When we are weak and darkness envelopes us, light our path.
When all hope is diminished, hold us close. Amen.


Pray with us? We know God could touch her with a word and she would be well.
  • God's healing on her whole body, and on the affected foot particularly
  • Surgery to go well, for the medical team and Kirsten
  • Recovery: K's insurer offers good coverage "on paper," but with qualifications in the fine print. For example, she pays everything in rehab unless "you stay at least 4 days and have 3 hours per day of physiotherapy," etc. Don't know any place that would give her that much time per day. Guess the company is afraid she's secretly going to a spa where she'll only get a one-hour massage and sleep the rest of the day.
  • Insight for W: this is the first time he's doing day-to-day care for Kirsten.
  • Focus for me: I have to continue studies during this very stressful time.
Greatly appreciated. The K's

1 comment: