Friday, December 16, 2011

Not quite a panic attack

Sometimes life feels overwhelming.

The schedule is packed. I run out of day before I finish my checklist. Friends call that they're on the way to Emergency at the hospital. A hot dish full of supper falls to the kitchen floor. And the dogs go ballistic as the doorbell rings.

"Enough!" I yell at the dogs, while my heart is racing. They quiet. I answer the door, wipe the floor, call my friends, and toss the to-do list on the desk for tomorrow beside the thousands of pages of tutorial revisions. (Of course I can put gifts in the stockings tomorrow. And they don't have to be wrapped.) 

Ah, peace. Plus a hot water bottle in the bed and a cup of tea on the bedside table, courtesy of a loving spouse. Turn on the Bible reading program, shut off the lights, snuggle under the covers.

There, that wasn't so bad, I think to myself.

Wishing you peace and joy as the Christmas season unfolds.


Read more:
*Praise the LORD, for he has shown me the wonders of his unfailing love. He kept me safe when my city was under attack. In panic I cried out, 'I am cut off from the LORD!' But you heard my cry for mercy and answered my call for help." Psalm 31:21–22 NLT

*I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. Psalm 40:17 NLT
 
*Psalm 144:1-4 Nahum 1,2; Revelation 14:6-16
 
*As servants of God we have commended ourselves in every way: as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing everything. 2 Corinthians 6:4,10 NLT

Moravian Prayer: Enduring God, help us see past material possessions and wealth here on earth to center ourselves on serving you all the days of our lives. Even if we have nothing, we have all in you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment