Monday, August 13, 2012

Eager expectation

Do you ever lie awake at night--trying to figure out the next move? Trying to read the future? Regretting the past? Ruminating on a plan? Unsure about your next step? Heartsick about the present?

To all who worry, here's God's reassurance: don't just ask for help. Expect it from Him!

David said, "Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:1-3 NIV

Expect the Lord to act on your behalf today. 

Read more:
*The river of God is full of water. Psalm 65:9

*From his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. John 1:16 

*This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most." Hebrews 4:15–16

Moravian Prayer: Holy Jesus, you love us even though we have not earned it and can neverbe worthy of such a gift. For this grace, we give you thanks. Amen.

1 comment: