Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lent Day 39: Easter weekend

Had a great day today. I finished up a week of coach training and spent the evening at a garden workshop, creating a terrarium (birthday gift from our kids). Ahead lies the awe-inspiring Easter weekend.

The next few days encompass one of the highlights of the Christian year. Oh the wonder of God being broken for us ... so that we can be made whole. In some parts of the world, people will harm themselves on Good Friday, as though Christ's pain was not enough for God. Some of us will fast and pray in remembrance of the sacrifice made on our behalf.

Then we'll have a day of reflection on Saturday. The quiet day. The day of waiting. The day to pause and consider how everything changes because of

Easter morning.

Hallelujah for the cross. And God be glorified in the resurrection. He makes all things new.

Hope you take time to ponder what was done for you. Who you are in God's eyes. Valued. Beloved. Cared for. Sought after. Washed whiter than snow. Given a new beginning in Christ. Holy. Acceptable to God.

I'm so grateful for Easter. What are some of your best memories about the celebration?

Read more:
*[Watchword for Maundy Thursday] He has gained renown by his wonderful deeds; the Lord is gracious and merciful. Psalm 111:4 NLT

*My righteousness is near, my salvation has gone forth, and my arms will judge the peoples. Isaiah 51:5 (NASB)

*Jesus said to the disciples, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.” Luke 22:15 NLT

*[Jesus said:]  “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command." John 15:9-14 NIV

Moravian Prayer: Teacher, friend, and Lord, as we gather in our own upper rooms today, we know that your love is sure, though your way is not easy. Renew and nourish our bodies and spirits to be your people. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment