Monday, May 27, 2013

What good friends do

 Sitting in Maltby Cafe this morning with my friends, I realize that good friends:
  1. Share their hearts, in good times and bad.
  2. Listen to each other, taking in non-verbal communication as well as what is said.
  3. Love each other, regardless of how sweet or mean their friend feels.
  4. Pay attention to each other, noticing what's important to the friend today.
  5. Hold each other accountable for good actions and attitudes. Stinkin' thinkin' gets rooted out by good friends.
  6. Pray for each other regularly, knowing that God is at work in their friend.
I'm so grateful for my friends.

Do you have people who walk through life with you in these ways?

Read more:
*Listen to me, my people, and give heed to me, my nation; for a teaching will go out from me, and my justice for a light to the peoples. Isaiah 51:4 NLT

*Paul said, “I stand here, saying nothing but what the prophets and Moses said would take place: that the Messiah must suffer, and that, by being the first to rise from the dead, he would proclaim light both to our people and to the Gentiles.” Acts 26:22-23 NLT

*I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing! Galatians 2:20-21 NIV

Moravian Prayer: Lord Jesus, as poor sinners, we love darkness rather than the light. Help us to walk in your light and to witness to its power. You commissioned us to tell all people the good news of God’s love. Give us strength to fulfill that charge! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment