Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lent Day 14: Sweet prayers

The grandeur of God's world

  • webbing that ties us to the purposes of God
  • those moments when creature and Creator open up fully to each other
  • our exhalations of joy in God's presence
  • the fragrance of conversation with the Beloved
  • the ropes that anchor us in life's storms
Prayers allow us to:
  • release our cares to the Father
  • take up our responsibilities and obligations
  • admit the beauty and the restraints of being human
  • tap the unending power of a unbounded God
  • put God in his place and us in ours
  • tell pure truth, that God alone deserves honor and glory for his unchanging goodness
The details of God's world
What's your favorite prayer?

Mine is "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner." It reminds me just where I stand - known, forgiven, and accepted by God. Amen.


Read more:
*The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalm 23:1-3 ESV

*By awesome deeds you answer us in righteousness, O God of our salvation. Psalm 65:5 NASB


*Amend your ways and your doings, and let me dwell with you in this place. Jeremiah 7:3 ESV


*Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Do not judge, and you will not be judged; do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Luke 6:36-37 ESV

*Jesus says, "If in my name you ask me for anything, I will do it." John 14:14 ESV


Moravian Prayer: Right here, right now, we seek your vibrant presence among us. Forgive us. Help us to turn out the sins of our hearts, so that you may have a fitting place to live. Right here. Right now. 


How sweet, O Lord, to hear your answer to our prayer. It is a resolved chord, a familiar voice in a strange crowd, birdsong at sunset. Your answer beckons us to secure places, and reminds us—we are yours. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment