Saturday, May 10, 2014

3 things about endings

Opa and his girl
How do you handle transitions? Do you easily leave the past behind and get excited about the future? 

Is your life filled with happy memories? Or do you have many regrets?

Today marked the end of 31 years at NU for W and me. Three things we talked about today:

1. We are astonished by God's goodness. You can't plan a life as wonderful as God gives. No one could solicit such favor; it is God's gift.

2. We enjoyed every minute, knowing it was for the last time. We want to remember, to appreciate, and to savor.

3. You can be happy and sad at the same time. We were so proud of the graduates and the participants in the ceremony, but it was bittersweet - this phase of life is almost over.

We sense the new season rushing in. To God be the glory and thanks for the past, present, and future. Thankfully God is the same in each - we are anchored to his unchanging love and compassion.

Read more:
*I lift up my eyes to the hills—from where will my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2 ESV

*Jesus says, "I am the gate. Whoever enters by me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture." John 10:9 ESV

*Thomas said to Jesus, "Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life." John 14:5-6 ESV

Moravian Prayer: Loving Shepherd, may we enter life through you. On days when we are alone and lost, we know you will find us and bring us home. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment