Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Losing a day amid farewells

What leaving looks like ... in process!
So... we were all psyched to leave next Wednesday. Except that when we looked at the date, we're actually leaving Tuesday.

What do you do when you lose a whole day of prep? (Besides realizing that we must be somewhat stressed to have read the wrong day on the calendar!?) W and I shook our heads and laughed with each other. And we are relieved that nothing takes God by surprise!

Today I finished packing my suitcases. I have a few things to put in totes. I must say, it's strange to have so few outfits in the closet after the rest are given away or packed up. I'll be really tired of these things when we leave next week.

This week, W sold his car, our electric bikes, and lots of gear. He'll pack up his things when I'm done. Gradually the house is emptying; soon the basement will be clean and quiet.

Yup, we leave Seattle a week from yesterday. We'll be on the plane ...  headed off to see what God will do.

Our goodbyes come, one after another. Family. Friends. Coworkers. Places. Times of gratitude and affection. Occasions to tell each other how much our friendship and relationships mean. That we are thankful to God for each of you.

A few of our goodbyes this week:









Read more:
*Surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Jeremiah 29:11 ESV

*Jesus says, “Those who find their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it.” Matthew 10:39 ESV

*Bartimaeus, a blind beggar, began to shout out and say, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” Jesus stood still and said, “Call him here.” Mark 10:47-49 ESV

*Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid. John 14:27 ESV

Moravian Prayer: Lord, be near us when we are restless and in need of your healing touch. Gather us into your arms and lend us your ear as we seek your wisdom and guidance. In your Son’s holy name we pray.

In the distractions of our daily lives, Lord, you watch over us and send your Spirit to guide us. Let us lift high the banner of your name and feel your peace as we do your will. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment