Saturday, December 19, 2015

Ladies who lunch

I love my neighbor ladies. Some have known each other for 40+ years, working together in the national scientific research facility. Most retired a few years ago.


They meet every two months for lunch. When they were younger, the women supported charities and were active in the community.

Today, over 20 women eat at Dapur Gaul, a local restaurant. The faces are becoming familiar.


At the annual election, we vote in a chairperson to plan the gatherings in 2016. She wasn't there. Will she embrace her duties? We are hopeful.


The food is good: the nasi goreng kambing (fried rice and mutton) on my plate is great. I like to try new things, too: my green mango and basil seed drink is a hit.



Thanks be to God for good neighbors! who have been so kind to welcome Waldemar and me.

Oh, and I am given an envelope: I've won the arisan door prize of about $125. I can't get too excited: due to travels, I've missed my dues since summer. The amount is deducted from my envelope. (They tell me I am lucky: I got a door prize for the whole hill last year = the first time I attended that arisan. This time, it's my immediate neighbors - about 50 houses worth.) The money is used for charity or to host friends.


I feel blessed indeed.

Read more:
*If you will only obey the Lord your God: blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out. Deuteronomy 28:1,6 NEV

*The revelation awaits an appointed time; though it lingers, wait for it. Habakkuk 2:3 NIV

*Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come to his people and redeemed them. He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David (as he said through his holy prophets of long ago).Luke 1:68-70 NIV

*Abraham was fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. Romans 4:21 ESV

*You also must be patient. Strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near. James 5:8 NEV

Moravian Prayer: Our right relationship with you, O Promise Keeper, is the foundation of our faith and the incentive for our trusting obedience. We give our utmost thanks for your Son whose coming to earth convinces us of your eternal love and grace. 

Patience is not our strong suit, O Lord. We want instant gratification and easy answers. May these weeks of Advent waiting teach us once again to have patient trust in the perfect timing of your plans for us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment