Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Speaking English

I'm always optimistic that the next week or season will be restful. It seems the only way that happens - for now - is resting between wonderful moments.
Chilliwack snow in March
We've been and seen a lot - people, places, things in 2 weeks. Here are some of our favorites.

Sunday 1
God refreshes me each time we get together with his Family. Here's Brandon, who interviewed us and spoke 4 times at Canyon Creek.
Brandon Beals
During the week,  we have time with family, from grandparents to grandkids.
The fam, minus 2 in Texas. (We missed you!)
I forget to take pics with W's family (as did W and his fam - or at least). We have a nice supper together - my mother-in-law has always been a memorable (excellent) cook.

In the morning, I have enough wits about me to take pics with my folks and the beautiful landscape behind their house.

Mom's on a clearing spree so I check out some memories:
Waldemar (middle), in our first years, hired to do PR at the local college
One of many dresses I sewed and embroidered for our daughter (size 4)

My brother takes us for lunch. Beside us, a table of typical Canadians: manners = space between persons.
Here, 6 chairs, 3 people, nicely spaced.
WPPRS: we've met since Fall 1993; my accountability group and dear friends
Grandkids play peek-a-boo under our DR table
Sunday 2
A wonderful, hospitality-filled weekend in Lacey with Peter Degon and team
And, between grading, class prep and editing, I give myself a quick haircut and we head for the hills, where ...
W and Beth film 3 sessions on scriptures and women in ministry leadership
Time with friends (don't get pics of all)

Morning tea - between playing Cruella who catches puppies (Oma chasing grandkids across the furniture)

and too many adventures to tell. But all, memories to keep. Maybe we'll see you while we're here?

Oh - did I mention how relaxing it is to speak and hear and understand? Our friends and we can communicate heart-to-heart. That's the most restful thing of all.

Read more:
*Praise the Lord! How good it is to sing praises to our God. Psalm 147:1
*He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8 NASB
*Paul wrote: Speak to one another with the words of psalms, hymns, and sacred songs; sing hymns and psalms to the Lord with praise in your hearts. Ephesians 5:19 (GNT)
Moravian Prayer: O God from whom all blessings flow, when the echoes of songs and praises from Sunday grow dim, revive them in our hearts and minds. May the songs of grace accompany us to our classrooms, offices and homes this day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment